Birmingham: a hot-spot for Business Start-Ups
Birmingham, UK is a thriving city for Business Start-Ups, featuring in the news in recent years for all the right reasons. So, if you’re looking for some convincers to start-up your own business in Birmingham; look no further: ‘Midlands’ beauty businesses booming’, ‘new entrepreneurs threaten established order in West Midlands’, ‘Birmingham bucks the UK retail trend’, ‘Birmingham named as the start-up hotspot’. All stories point to thriving entrepreneurialism and a hot bed for career changers to business start-ups.
Here are 5 reasons why Birmingham is the best city for your business start-up to thrive:
1) Birmingham is not only the second city, but it’s also the second largest economy in the UK: ‘a major engine of UK growth outside of London’.
2) Business networking groups in Birmingham are ubiquitous. They consist of a variety of different formats to suit all attendees; always well attended, sometimes free and business always being passed.
3) From Birmingham you can access over 98% of the UK’s market – consumer and business, all within a 4 hour travel time. Real easy opportunities for you to expand your start-up reach.
4) Birmingham has a huge number of famous brands – this tells you that it’s a place that businesses thrive. They were all start-ups once:- Birds Custard, Typhoo Tea, Brylcream, Cadbury’s, HP to name a few.
5) With nearly 2 million people in Birmingham, it’s big enough to offer a plenitude of business opportunities to explore, but small enough that it’s easy to get to know the rest of the local, friendly business community; where knowledge, advice and expertise is readily shared and offered around.
Still need convincing? Check out my ‘Be Your Own Boss’ workshop that will give you even more reason and motivations for you to get your start-up business off the ground.